ATTE KA HALWA
Atte ka halwa or kada prasad as we know it is a fav. I think there may be so many of us who go to the gurudwara just for the parsad.
I have often been asked how I make my kada prasad. Finally I have the recipe here!!
This is a simple four ingredient recipe. One key ingredient that won’t be on the list but is absolutely essential is patience. Keep that gas on LOW!! You do not want your atta burning, at the same time you want it to brown well.
So here goes....
1/3rd cup ghee
1/2 cup atta
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar( you can add more if you want it sweeter)
Let’s get cooking-
1. On a low flame melt your ghee.
2. Add the atta and cook slowly continuously stirring . You do not want to be impatient because it really does burn before you blink!!
3. Once it browns and you start smelling the heavenly smell of the atta add water. Still keep the flame on low.
4. Mix well to make sure no lumps are formed.
5. The color of the atta will lighten.
6. Add sugar and stir.
7. Once the halwa separates from the pan it’s ready to serve and eat.
For anyone who is calorie conscious can of course reduce the ghee but it will alter the texture and make it a little dry.
Same way add more sugar if you want to make it sweeter!
Top off with dry fruits and enjoy!
Sending you flavours from my kolorful kitchen!