Pinky kha was my first on my kolofful kitchens Bharat FM radio show. She shared with me , that for every pooja in Bihar Dalna is a vegetable that is always made.
Usually gods are served meals with no onion and garlic and true to that this recipe is also made without onions and garlic.
A super easy recipe and if not for a pooja I guess it would be a easy mix veg recipe for any home.
3 tbs oil.
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder.
1 tsp coriander and jeeta powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
1 cup cubed potatoes
1 cup cubed eggplant
1 cup cubed pumpkin
1 cup cauliflower cut into 1” pieces.
1 cup green peas
1 cup of water.
Let’s get cooking.
1. In a pan on medium flame add one tsp oil.
2. Sauté pumpkin and egg plant till it starts to brown a little. Keep aside.
3. Next add another tsp of oil and brown the potatoes and cauliflower.
4. In a blender blend the ginger and tomatoes together.
5. In the same pan add another tablespoon of oil.
6. Once it’s hot add cumin seeds.
7. As it starts to splitter add the tomato and ginger purée.
8. Add all the dry masalas except the garam masala.
9. Sauté till you see the oil on top.
10. Add the veggies and water.
11. Top off with salt to taste.
12. Cover and cook on slow till the veggies cook through.
13. Add dhaniya and serve hot.
This is a gravey dish and can be served with rice topped with ghee or puri. I do hope this dish finds a place on your table.
Pinky thank you for sharing this recipe with us!!
You can watch the whole episode on https://fb.watch/466U9TFWNo/